Mildura Tourism Directory
Tours and Adventures
Showing 1 Categories
Do you like the Tourism Industry in Mildura?
Tourist Attractions in Mildura, Victoria, Australia
Mildura is a popular tourist destination located in the north-western part of Victoria, Australia. This vibrant city with a population of over 33,000 people boasts a rich history and culture, natural beauty, and vast amounts of activities and attractions to keep you entertained. If you're planning to visit this part of Victoria, here are some of the most exciting attractions you shouldn't miss.
Nature and Parks
The city of Mildura is surrounded by stunning natural beauty, making it an excellent destination for nature lovers. The following parks and reserves are sure to leave you awe-inspired.
1. Kings Billabong Wildlife Reserve - This park is a popular spot for birdwatchers and nature enthusiasts. Kings Billabong Wildlife Reserve is a beautiful wetland with diverse birdlife, and visitors can also practice fishing and boating while enjoying the serene atmosphere. The reserve is located at 236 Cureton Avenue, Mildura.
2. Mildura Riverfront - The riverfront offers a beautiful vantage point to admire the Murray River. You can take a riverside stroll, ride a bike, go for a jog, or take a boat ride while enjoying the breathtaking view. Mildura Riverfront is a perfect place for relaxation.
3. Murray-Sunset National Park - The Murray-Sunset National Park is the largest national park in Victoria and covers more than 633,000 hectares. The park is known for its stunning red sand dunes, hidden lakes, and vast expanses of the Australian outback. The park is about 260 kilometers from Mildura city, but it’s worth the drive.
Museums and Historical Sites
Mildura city has a rich history, and visitors can explore the cultural heritage firsthand through the city’s museums and historical sites.
1. Mildura Arts Centre - If you’re an art lover, you can't miss the Mildura Arts Centre located at the corner of Deakin Avenue and 15th Street, Mildura. This center hosts a diverse range of artwork from both local and international artists.
2. Langtree Hall Museum - Langtree Hall Museum is a historic building located in Mildura's central business district. The building was once a hotel, and it has been restored, converted into a museum, and opened to the public.
3. Rio Vista Historic House - The Rio Vista Historic House is a beautifully preserved mansion that offers insight into the life of a wealthy family in the early 1900s. The mansion is located at 54-56 River Rd, Mildura.
Food and Wine
Mildura is a renowned producer of top-quality wines, and visitors can sample local wines and other cuisine in various restaurants and wineries scattered throughout the city.
1. Trentham Estate - Trentham Estate Winery offers visitors breathtaking views of the Murray River and scenic vineyards. Visitors can sample some of the finest wines produced in the region.
2. Spoons Riverside - Spoons Riverside is a café located on the Mildura riverfront that offers visitors a variety of food and drinks. Visitors can enjoy their meals while admiring the view of the Murray River.
3. Stefano’s Restaurant - Stefano's Restaurant is known for serving Australian and Italian-inspired dishes made from locally sourced produce. The restaurant is located in the center of Mildura and has won numerous awards for its excellent cuisine.
Adventure and Sports
If you're an adventure seeker, Mildura city has several sporting and adventure activities for you.
1. Sunraysia Daily Formula K Grand Prix - Formula K Grand Prix is a go-karting track for people of all ages. This indoor track has state-of-the-art karts that can reach high speeds, providing an adrenaline-pumping experience.
2. Murray River Adventures - Murray River Adventures offers boat cruises on the Murray River. Visitors can explore the river and learn about its natural beauty and history.
3. Coomealla Golf Club - Coomealla Golf Club is an excellent destination for lovers of golf. The club is located on the Murray River and offers a 27-hole golf course.
Mildura city has something to offer everyone, with its rich culture, stunning natural beauty, and various entertainment options. Whether you're a nature lover, a history enthusiast, a foodie, or an adventure-seeker, you're sure to find something that piques your interest. For more information and details on how to get to these attractions, you can contact Mildura Visitor Information and Booking Centre on 1800 039 043.
Mildura Tourism Articles